February 10, 2010

My original intention for this space was as a simple archiving tool that could provide easy, organized access to some of what I felt were my key writings.

At first, I was amply satisfied with this objective as the task of reviewing, editing and producing for public view a very large and random body of my ancient work seem tedious and did not appeal to me.

Very soon into the project though, I actually began to really enjoy all the experiences associated with the work; the editing, the production, the very state of mind of creating again. So, I decided then that I wanted to put together a real collection of my work, not just archive a few key pieces.

This decision obviously turned this project into a much more time consuming, creatively challenging and seriously auto-biographical journey for me. It also opens a window to the world into the intimate labyrinth that I feel constitutes the various phases of my thought, life experience, creative development and lived emotions.

For those of you who know me well, little here will seem unfamiliar. Some of these pieces are mere quasi-literary representations of the same ideas and rants that I have advanced my whole life, others are stories and sentiments you probably also know me to have experienced or might even be the lead inspiration for...Still, I hope you will find something here that might surprise, inspire, shock or piss you off accordingly, as any half-decent artistic effort always should.

For those who don't know me, and ended up in the labyrinth after making the wrong turn somewhere in cyberlandia, I also hope you too will find something here worth your gracious visit.
Structurally, this is meant to function more as a gallery than a blog. There is not going to be any real chronological order in what I post. Today 1986, tomorrow 2010...I expect that I will be digging stuff up and working on this project over the next few months, if not years, so visit often and explore.

Do subscribe to the labyrinth to receive by e-mail the latest dose of vintage morose prose, recipes and pseudo-anarchistic rants! I am being very selective so my traffic should remain very manageable.

Your ideas, feelings, impressions, constructive criticisms, generous financial contributions, etc are very welcomed...

Amor, pan, loita, solidariedade, xustiza, arte, música, amizade, sexo, natureza, felicidade, mais comida que só pan, liberdade, auga, aire, lume, terra e viño-Saúde e República...

Galiza Ceive!
Gora Euskadi Askatuta


Adrián Boutureira

YOUR COMMENTS (click here):

Post a Comment