May 8, 1993

Desert Dreams

Miles of footprints left behind across the sand
blending perfectly with the trailing memories of a lover's soft skin.
Mixed shades of brown,
is it a face or a place?
Afternoon lost in scents of sage and her sex.
Desert altar of rock and flesh,
of air and breath,
of lack of water and dripping sweat.

A relentless vision at the edge of a precipice
filled with the pounding pulse and the force of all that is around me.
A dangerous hunger 
for the petals of a delicate desert flower to be pressed against my dry lips.
Sun bleeding tired rays of fire across the landscape
bathing her distant nakedness in which I wish to drown.
Evening breeze across my dreaming face,
half moon rising motions me to also resurface.
Slowly, slowly 
I awake
Again, self aware.

Adrian Boutureira- Arizina, 1993
This poem was put to music:
http://www.tindeck.com/listen/jecy

YOUR COMMENTS (click here):

Post a Comment