November 30, 2010

Frustration

I remember when I wondered why
And how I wish I could’ve fly
Deep into the eternal skies
Above

I had looked deep into my eyes
And I tried to rid myself of lies
Thinking I could lead a life of truth
And love

But nothing ever got done at all
The world did not agree with me at all

I never doubted I would win
Never worried about those in-betweens
All the failures I had always seen
Just would not matter

Always felt I would make it there
To that place where all is good and fair
But soon enough I learned my share
Of evil

And nothing ever got done at all
The world would not agree with me at all

Frustrated I began to see
My ideas being shot in from of me
Being buried with all that’s meant to be
But ain’t

Now my awareness has turned to rust
As I keep trying not to get lost
I am choking in the bitter dust
Of struggle

And nothing ever got done at all
This dying world would not agree with me at all

Adrian Boutureira 1982

To hear these lyrics in a song:
http://www.tindeck.com/album/hmydq

YOUR COMMENTS (click here):

Post a Comment