December 2, 2010

Any Lost Lover

                 I
I am trapped inside my darkness
Rusty sword stuck in my back
Numb and cold I watch my blood
dripping down a hollow crack

I try to crawl in after it
but get lost inside my mind
So much of once gave me life
is now impossible to find

               II
And I cant avoid the nightmare
‘cause I alone held the dream
The soft voices of her tale
have become a killing scream

                 III
I Just never pulled me through
From the darker side of you
It’s too late now, anyway
Only wish you could’ve stayed
For all the trappings and the chains
Could never compare to the pain Of knowing
I’ve lost you

                   I
Thought attacks to stab at feeling
Hurt and anger must play dead
There is no strength left for rope
So I’m hanging by a thread

The sharp pain consumes my body
As I fall onto the blade
Way to deep to be retracted
Way too deep to feel it fade

                II
And I cant avoid the nightmare
‘cause I alone held the dream
The soft voices of her tale
Have become a killing scream

              III
After all is said and done
Morning comes and you’re still gone
Far away beyond my touch
What you left behind ain’t much
Smiling girls out on the streets
Can’t erase your memories
and knowing
That I've lost you, 
still wanting you, still wanting you

Adrian Boutureira- 1988




.






YOUR COMMENTS (click here):

Post a Comment